Have you heard of Vasayo? If you’re in a multi-level marketing (MLM) business, then you probably have heard of it. But whether you know about Vasayo or not, I’m doing everyone a favor of writing a Vasayo review and telling you everything about the company. What is its story? Do they provide business opportunities? Is it legit and worth your time? I’ll provide the answers you need as you read along.
Just to be clear though, I want to disclose that I don’t have any affiliations or connections with Vasayo or any other MLM companies. I base this review on facts, and you can always share your thoughts in the comments section if your views don’t sync with mine, or if you just want to say something about this review. I encourage you to do that. Please don’t hesitate to let me know what you think about the information I have shared with you.
Looking Back: How Vasayo Came To Be
Based in Utah, Vasayo was launched by the award-winning Dallin Larsen and his wife Karree Larsen, two well-known entrepreneurs in the MLM industry. But before Vasayo got to where it is now, Dallin Larsen used to work for other MLM companies, holding big positions, which eventually boosted his credibility and reputation. Talk about hard work, right?
- Working at Usana
From 1991 to 2000, Dallin worked at Usana and rose to prominence when he became the sales president for the company. He was given several executive positions until he got appointed as the company’s president. And he did a great job as Usana made more than $100 million in sales. If you think about it, that’s already a big amount of money gained in less than a decade. Hands down to that.
- Getting Involved with Dynamic Essentials
After Usana, Dallin became the sales vice president for the Florida-based Dynamic Essentials in 2001. The company sold the Royal Tongan Limu, a fruit juice that he claimed to have a 300 percent increase in revenues. That would have been a promising success for Dynamic Essentials, but something happened the following year.
In 2002, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a letter to the company reportedly violated federal law. The issue being pointed out was the statement on their website, claiming that the juice could treat diseases like arthritis, attention deficit disorder (ADD), and cancer. It caused the company’s operations to stop in 2003. And in the same year, Dallin left Dynamic Essentials.
- Starting the Monarch Health Sciences
Of course, he did not stop there. In 2003, the year Dallin left Dynamic Essentials, he co-founded the weight loss company Monarch Health Sciences, together with his brother Randy and four-time Olympian Henry Marsh.
Due to the lifestyle changes the company needed, the business wasn’t that successful, considering that they were able to raise almost $2 million. They closed the company, and Dallin had to redirect himself to another business venture, which he actually did.
- Founding MonaVie
Jump to September 2004, Dallin was introduced to the açai berry, and he found out that the fruit is rich with numerous nutrients. He and one of his scientists did further research and blended the berry with 19 other fruits. And in January 2005, he founded and launched another company called MonaVie, which Dallin is highly known for in the multi-level marketing industry.
MonaVie was a pretty successful company, gaining popularity at a very fast rate. It had a great following, and top earners were making more than $5 million every year. Unfortunately, its success did not thrive. in 2014, MonaVie was no longer doing well. It encountered several disagreement issues, debts, and lawsuits, causing Dallin to depart from the company but paving the way for his new business, Vasayo.
- The Birth of Vasayo
I had a really long introduction. Well, I just thought it would be educational to know a little history about Vasayo. No harm done. But so much for the back story; let’s go to the main thing.
Dallin resigned from MonaVie in July 2014. He thought that his future was uncertain at that time. But it only took him two years to launch his health and wellness company called Vasayo. The main office is in Utah, but it has become a global business venture with offices in the Asia-Pacific region, particularly in Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Thailand. I guess that’s how fast you can create a new business, don’t you think?
The former recipient of Ernst & Young National Entrepreneur of the Year and CEO of the Year in Utah, together with his wife Karree Larsen, founded Vasayo in September 2016. Karree is a former commercial pilot and currently works with Dallin in building relationships with Vasayo Brand Partners.
But the couple isn’t the only one who takes of pride of Vasayo. The company is co-founded by two successful entrepreneurs; Dan Zhu who is also the President of Vasayo in the Asia-Pacific region and Daniel Picou who takes on the role as the Vasayo’s President.
Vasayo is relatively a young company, and so far, there has been no Vasayo lawsuit ever reported. I also did some research on Karree and the two co-founders, and they are clean. They have been doing well in their respective careers.
The Vasayo products cater to our bodies’ health and wellness needs, ranging from body cleansing, weight loss, energy, sleep, and a whole lot more.
As of the present time, they come in nine categories, including cannabidiol-based products. On top of it all, their products feature the liposome advantage that boosts the nutrients in our bodies. I’ll get more to that in the next part. The point is, this MLM company wants to ensure that the performance of their products makes them stand out from other companies. Hmmm… We’ll find that out as well.
As I said earlier, Vasayo is not yet a well-established company in terms of the number of years it has been in the business. However, as of 2017, its annual revenue reached $70 million, which is a big jump from a $1 million revenue in 2016. That’s a 7000% increase.
Come to think of it, it’s nothing if you compare its revenue to other well-known MLM companies that almost reach $9 billion revenues every year. But hey! $1 million to $70 million in revenue within a year is not a bad thing. That’s a big turn out within a short period of time.
However, being skeptical is a good trait since it helps you make more sound decisions. I always say that you need to think twice in joining this type of business opportunities. Wanna know why? Read more to find out.
Vasayo Products – What Makes Them Different?
“With Vasayo, the difference is in the delivery…and that makes all the difference!”
As a way to set them apart from other MLM companies, that statement is what Vasayo claims of providing to their clients. But is that actually something new? Every MLM company has their own gimmick to get the attention and pique the interest of their prospects. And as I try to know what Vasayo brings to the table, I found out that their products have a “special” thing in them. As I said, it’s a bait that can lure you to believing that they offer the best products.
Based on microlife sciences, the company takes pride in its own Advanced Delivery Technology, which they say, can deliver the most important nutrients in the body by using enzymes. Through its proprietary technology, Vasayo developed its “smart enzyme delivery system”. According to their website, this system can replace lost enzymes and make sure that the nutrients from the products are taken by the body faster and more efficiently.
They also have the Liposome Advantage, which the company describes as double-layered spheres surrounding the nutrients. These spherical layers will protect the nutrients from passing through the digestive system and keep them intact for the body to absorb effectively. Sounds promising, but after reading everything, they have disclosed that all statements about their products are not FDA-approved.
Knowing the Products
As you check the company’s product page, you will see nine different types of products. Each of them has its own page where you can read everything about a certain item. Unlike the typical health and wellness companies, Vasayo MLM offers Cannabidiol-based products that are designed for people who believe in the benefits of CBD.
The retail prices start at $62.95, but boy! They can go as high as $1,599. Who would want to spend that much on supplements or health products? Probably, those who believe and/or those who have the money in the world. But let me just point out that the health benefits that all products have are not FDA-approved. Anyway, let’s get to know the products one by one.
- CBD One – From the name itself, it is made from CBD, and it’s THC-free. It consists of oil and cream products that you can use directly. I would like to assume that most of us know that there are many reports of CBD’s health benefits, and it’s the same benefits this product claims to have; boost immune system, provide relaxation, help increase focus, to name a few. Now, the only difference is that CBD One costs a lot, like more than a thousand dollars. Why would you want to buy something really expensive when you can purchase cheaper CBD products with the same effects? Yes, they contain this technology that could boost the effects, but I don’t think there is going to be a major difference.
- V-Tox – One of Vasayo supplements, this product is for detoxification. It has cleansing nutrients to keep the body in top shape. It comes in in a pack of 30 capsules; take one to two capsules per day. It costs $62.95.
- Eternal – If you don’t want to look old, this may be the right supplement for you; I guess. It’s an antioxidant that keeps you feel and looks younger. Sounds really a good deal, right? I have to break it to you – this costs, at least, $125.95. But you can find something cheaper yet more effective. You can eat foods high in antioxidants such as berries, grapes, potatoes, and fish.
- V-Slim: Weight Management – It boosts your appetite and helps you manage your weight. It’s a powdered juice drink with different flavors to choose from. Yes, yes, definitely promising, but a pack of 30 sachets costs $123.95. There are other products on the market with prices lower than this company offers.
- Core Complete – I don’t need to expound on this. But for a clearer picture, it is a multivitamin and mineral supplement. For a price of $72.95, this product comes in a pack of 30 packets containing 5 different types of capsules. One packet is good for one day. Isn’t that too many to ingest? You can actually buy one capsule with all the nutrients you need for a much cheaper price. Wouldn’t that be better?
- Neuro – It’s a supplement for the brain. It has five ingredients, and I found out that each of them enhances cognitive functions. A pack of 30 capsules costs $67.95. But there are still cheaper options on the market.
- V3 – An energy-boosting drink that costs $65.95 for a pack of 30 packets. But what’s so special about it? I mean, as I always said in the previous products, you can always find something similar at a much budget-friendly cost.
- Sleep – Of course, this is designed for people who have sleeping problems. Apparently, this is very easy to use; oral spraying two to four times before bedtime. This product costs $62.95, but its effects are not guaranteed. If you’re looking for something much safer, like FDA-approved level, then you do have a lot of options to choose from.
- Renew – To simply put it, it’s an oral spray that improves your joint health and enhances your state of wellness. If you’re interested to purchase this, it’s going to cost you $62.95. Just like the rest of the products, it’s too expensive and its benefits have not been evaluated by the FDA.
I don’t know if I have pointed this out, but just in case I haven’t yet, I’d like to say that all products are specially designed with the company’s very own advanced technology. Hmmm… I guess that’s what makes them unique from other MLM companies. But like I said, it’s not something new. This type of business only tells you the things you would be interested to know and hides information you may not like. Any Vasayo product review would also say the same things. How else can they sell their pricey products?
You don’t really need those supplements if you want a healthy lifestyle. Those are just alternatives to foods that are naturally nutritious. I mean, we can achieve that by having the discipline to choose and eat the right kinds of food, as well as doing regular exercise. Aside from that, you have other cheaper supplements that are safer and FDA-approved.
I have provided you the prices for each product. Do you think they are worth your money? Well, just like what I always say, if you have the money in the world, by all means, buy to your hearts’ content. But if you don’t want to waste your money on products that are only meant to keep a business rich, then I applaud you; we’re on the same level.
Vasayo And The Business Opportunities
Let’s get to the real part – the part where the company tries to get to your wallet. Apparently, we’re talking about an MLM business that depends on selling their products and recruiting people to market the same products. What else is new?
And until you become a Vasayo member, you won’t be able to earn any profits and/or commissions at all. Now, that’s a good way to make you want to spend your money.
Joining the Vasayo MLM
As you may know, joining an MLM company entails you to pay a membership fee and buy certain products. So, how much does it cost to join Vasayo then?
The basic payment is $239. Ouch! That’s a lot of money to start with. Aside from that, there are other packages that are more expensive. They cost $329, $499, and $899. But the higher the price you pay, the more benefits and products you get and the more opportunities for you to earn money (more of this later). They also offer the Founders Package, which costs $1,495 and pays you one percent (1%) bonus pool.
However, either of the registration fees will qualify you to earn commissions just yet. I know, these requirements are common among MLM companies, and you need to comply with them before acquiring that extra cash. With that in mind, you need to recruit a minimum of two active members (Brand Partners) to qualify for the commissions. You also need to have, at least, one customer and accumulate a minimum of 80 personal volumes every month.
Compensation Plan Of Vasayo
Once you are eligible to earn commissions, Vasayo opens its compensation plan to you. It means you and other affiliates can earn more money through other ways besides direct selling of products. You are also given 30 days to earn more money from orders made by newly recruited members.
Based on the company’s compensation plan, there are 18 ranks you can achieve and eight (8) ways to acquire those “big” commissions. This is going to be a long list, so I’m starting with the affiliate ranks.
*PV – Personal Volumes
*GV – Group Volumes
*PET-V (Personal Enrollment Tree Volume) – refers to the total number of volumes by all Brand Partners in the enrollment organization and is calculated every week
1. Brand Partner (BP) – the first rank given to those who signed up as a new Vasayo affiliate
2. Star (Qualified Brand Partner) – requires a minimum of 80 PV per month, 1 active customer with 35 PV, and 2 active affiliates (1 for each leg of the binary tree)
3. Star 800 (Executive Brand Partner) – the same requirements to a Star rank, plus generating 800 GV a week in the lesser leg volume
4. Bronze – requires 80 PV per month, 2 active customers with a total of 70 PV, and 2 active affiliates (1 for each leg of the binary tree); generates 2,000 GV a week in the lesser leg volume and 300 PET-V
5. Silver – requires 80 PV per month, 2 active customers with a total of 70 PV, and 2 active affiliates (1 for each leg of the binary tree); generates 3,000 GV a week in the lesser leg volume and 800 PET-V
6. Gold – requires 80 PV per month, 2 active customers with a total of 70 PV, and 2 active affiliates (1 for each leg of the binary tree); generates 6,000 GV a week in the lesser leg volume and 2,500 PET-V
7. Platinum – requires 80 PV per month, 2 active customers with a total of 70 PV, and 2 active affiliates (1 for each leg of the binary tree); generates 8,000 GV a week in the lesser leg volume and 500 PET-V
8. Pearl – requires 160 PV per month, 4 active customers with a total of 140 PV, and 4 active affiliates (2 for each leg of the binary tree and 2 affiliates should be Executive Brand Partners); generates 10,000 GV per week for 2 consecutive weeks in the lesser leg volume and 8,000 PET-V with a maximum of 4,000 PET-V per leg
9. Blue Sapphire – requires 160 PV per month, 4 active customers with a total of 140 PV, and 4 active affiliates (2 for each leg of the binary tree and 2 affiliates should be Executive Brand Partners); generates 12,000 GV per week for 2 consecutive weeks in the lesser leg volume and 12,000 PET-V with a maximum of 6,000 PET-V per leg
10. Ruby – requires 160 PV per month, 4 active customers with a total of 140 PV, and 4 active affiliates (2 for each leg of the binary tree and 2 affiliates should be Executive Brand Partners); generates 15,000 GV per week for 2 consecutive weeks in the lesser leg volume and 20,000 PET-V with a maximum of 10,000 PET-V per leg
11. Emerald – requires 160 PV per month, 4 active customers with a total of 140 PV, and 4 active affiliates (2 for each leg of the binary tree and 2 affiliates should be Executive Brand Partners); generates 20,000 GV per week for 3 consecutive weeks in the lesser leg volume and 30,000 PET-V with a maximum of 15,000 PET-V per leg
12. Diamond – requires 240 PV per month, 6 active customers with a total of 210 PV, and 6 active affiliates (3 for each leg of the binary tree and 3 affiliates should have a rank of Blue Sapphire or higher); generates 30,000 GV per week for 4 or 6 consecutive weeks in the lesser leg volume and 50,000 PET-V with a maximum of 20,000 PET-V per leg
13. Black Diamond – requires 240 PV per month, 6 active customers with a total of 210 PV, and 6 active affiliates (3 for each leg of the binary tree and 3 affiliates should have a rank of Emerald or higher); generates 50,000 GV per week for 4 or 6 consecutive weeks in the lesser leg volume and 150,000 PET-V with a maximum of 50,000 PET-V per leg
14. Royal Black Diamond – requires 240 PV per month, 6 active customers with a total of 210 PV, and 6 active affiliates (3 for each leg of the binary tree and 3 affiliates should have a rank of Diamond or higher); generates 70,000 GV per week for 4 or 6 consecutive weeks in the lesser leg volume and 250,000 PET-V with a maximum of 80,000 PET-V per leg
15. Imperial Black Diamond – requires 240 PV per month, 6 active customers with a total of 210 PV, and 6 active affiliates (3 for each leg of the binary tree and 3 affiliates should have a rank of Diamond or higher); generates 90,000 GV per week for 4 or 6 consecutive weeks in the lesser leg volume and 500,000 PET-V with a maximum of 125,000 PET-V per leg
16. Crown Blue Diamond – requires 320 PV per month, 8 active customers with a total of 280 PV, and 8 active affiliates (4 for each leg of the binary tree and 4 affiliates should have a rank of Diamond or higher); generates 110,000 GV per week for 6 or 8 consecutive weeks in the lesser leg volume and 800,000 PET-V with a maximum of 150,000 PET-V per leg
17. Double Crown Blue Diamond – requires 320 PV per month, 8 active customers with a total of 280 PV, and 8 active affiliates (4 for each leg of the binary tree and 4 affiliates should have a rank of Diamond or higher); generates 130,000 GV per week for 6 or 8 consecutive weeks in the lesser leg volume and 1,000,000 PET-V with a maximum of 175,000 PET-V per leg
18. Triple Crown Blue Diamond – requires 320 PV per month, 8 active customers with a total of 280 PV, and 8 active affiliates (4 for each leg of the binary tree and 4 affiliates should have a rank of Diamond or higher); generates 150,000 GV per week for 6 or 8 consecutive weeks in the lesser leg volume and 1,500,000 PET-V with a maximum of 250,000 PET-V per leg
8 Ways To Earn More Money With Vasayo
I have given you the affiliate ranks. It’s time to get to know the more interesting part of this company’s compensation plan – MAKING MORE MONEY!
1. Customer Sales Bonus (CSB)
Brand partners can sell products directly to their customers. Basically, your compensation is the difference between the customer price or retail price and the product price (wholesale price) given to brand partners. The CSB is paid to Active Brand Partners or affiliates who have a minimum of 80 PV every week.
2. Product Introduction Bonus (PIB)
This bonus is rewarded to affiliates who recruit new members. Active Brand Partners can earn 20% PIB from the first commission purchases made by newly recruited Brand Partners. Check out the photo below.
3. Team Commission (TC)
If your team is doing well in the business, then you deserve a generous incentive for the hard work, hence the Team Commission. You are eligible for this reward system if you are an Active Brand Partner or, at least, a Star-rank affiliate.
Meanwhile, the payout is based on cycles, which are done every week, rating at $28 per cycle. You achieve one cycle if one leg has accumulated 240 CV and 480 CV on the other leg. The maximum number of cycles is 1,000, which is equivalent to $28,000.
Every affiliate rank included in this reward system has a maximum earning.
- Star and Star 800 = $2,500
- Bronze = $5,000
- Silver = $7,500
- Gold = $10,000
- Platinum = $12,500
- Pearl = $15,000
- Blue Sapphire = $17,500
- Ruby = $20,000
- Emerald = $22,500
- Diamond, Black Diamond, Royal Black Diamond, and Imperial Black Diamond $25,000
- Crown Blue Diamond and up = $28,000
4. Team Commission Matching Bonus (TCM)
Another team commission bonus, this incentive pays your efforts in keeping your Vasayo team active. It is based on your downline or personal enrollment tree, and the payment is given up to seven compressed generations. Aside from that, you have to be an Active Brand Partner with a minimum of 160 PV and who are paid with bonuses at a Bronze rank and higher.
5. Rank Advancement Bonus (RAB)
To be eligible for this reward, you need to have an *Active status with 160 PV and *Paid-As Black Diamond rand or higher. This bonus comes in 10 payments, and you get the first pay as soon as your rank goes up. The following payments are given in the month when an affiliate (Brand Partner) is able to maintain his rank for a minimum of seven days.
*Active Status – refers to four complete bonus periods, including three previous full bonus periods and the present current bonus period
*Paid-As Rank – the rank given to a Brand Partner when receiving payments during a bonus period
6. Global Leadership Bonus (GLB)
To qualify for this reward compensation, you need to be Active Brand Partner with a minimum of 160 PV and a Paid-As Gold rank or higher. The GLB has 3% of global CV, which is paid out every week. You can also earn shares based on paid-as ranks and more shares depending on other qualifications. In line with that, there are several ways to earn points such as:
- 100 Points = Weekly Paid-As Gold Rank
- 125 Points = Weekly Paid-As Platinum Rank
- 175 Points = Weekly Paid-As Pearl Rank
- 250 Points = Weekly Paid-As Blue Sapphire Rank
- 325 Points = Weekly Paid-As Ruby Rank
- 400 Points = Weekly Paid-As Emerald Rank
- 600 Points = Weekly Paid-As Diamond Rank
- 700 Points = Weekly Paid-As Black Diamond Rank
- 800 Points = Weekly Paid-As Royal Black Diamond Rank
- 900 Points = Weekly Paid-As Imperial Black Diamond Rank
- 1100 Points = Weekly Paid-As Crown Blue Diamond Rank
- 1300 Points = Weekly Paid-As Double Crown Blue Diamond Rank
- 1500 Points = Weekly Paid-As Triple Crown Blue Diamond Rank
7. Lifestyle Trips (LT)
Who doesn’t want to take a break and travel? Or work while on vacation? Everybody wants that, and Vasayo has this incentive for its affiliates. The company sponsors expense-paid trips to deserving members, especially those who reach the highest ranks on the compensation plan.
To qualify for this incentive, you should be a Qualified Brand Partner and maintain an Active Status from the first period you enrolled until the trip’s date. The following are the inclusions:
- Diamond Destination – 5 days and 4 nights for 2 persons; once a year with re-qualification
- Black Diamond Discovery – 7 days and 6 nights for 2 persons; once a year with re-qualification
- Crown Blue Diamond Exclusive – 10 days and 9 nights for 2 persons; once every other year with re-qualification
8. Multiple Business Centers (MBC)
Additional Business Centers are awarded to Brand Partners who have achieved a Black Diamond Rank. You also have to maintain that status or higher rank for four consecutive weeks.
What do you think? Seems like a promising business opportunity to get involved with, right? With all the different ways to earn commissions, getting rich seems at arm’s reach. But it’s not – that won’t happen.
Not all affiliates get to the most comfortable ranks. It takes a lot of time, and in most cases, many members would no longer be interested in going on with the business. It’s one of the reasons why I’m truly not into this kind of scheme where you have to go the extra mile in earning money. You even have to spend your own money. Membership/registration fees and the likes, REMEMBER?
if you have the confidence to get everyone interested in the products that are obviously available on the market (AT MUCH CHEAPER PRICES), then be my guest, go ahead and join. But my piece of unsolicited advice? Go for something that is more worth your time and effort, and a sure way to earn money.
The Real Truth: People’s Thoughts On Vasayo
This is where I get a more serious tone with you. I don’t want to sound all praising here since I want to show the company doesn’t trick everybody. You can read a ton of comments online, and most of them are on the positive side. It’s a common thing among MLM companies because they don’t want to disappoint their affiliates big time. But I’m not going to do that here. We’ll find out if Vasayo scam is real or not.
So, first thing’s first, here’s a glimpse of the Vasayo’s BBB profile:
As you can see, it doesn’t have an excellent rating for valid reasons. Vasayo has a B rating because it has only been operating for two years, and it failed to respond to a complaint. Well, the number of years is understandable, but the no-action-to-complaints is a red flag.
Over the past years, Vasayo received complaints related to product/service issues, advertising, and guarantee/warranty. While they were able to resolve and respond to most problems, this complaint was filed against them and no action was given:
Oh no! This is a major problem that shouldn’t be ignored. Yes, you can say that it’s just an issue on the return/refund policy. But hey! The consumer returned products that could harm someone’s health, and the company did not do anything to address this issue. The fact that Vasayo “assures” a certain thing but wasn’t able to deliver their word is a big slap on the faces.
As a young company, it is expected that you do everything to get the trust of your customers. Every complaint should be given the necessary attention, at least, they should be able to respond to queries immediately. But this case tells the opposite. It’s something that should worry you.
Aside from that, participating in a business that forces you to shed a lot of money may cause a relationship to be on the rocks. A good example is this:
Will you risk your relationship for a shady business opportunity? Or will you invest your money in something that doesn’t guarantee any solid profits? I won’t. While others believe that Vasayo pyramid scheme is not true, I’m going to stop you from even thinking about joining this company or any MLM business.
My Real Take On Vasayo
Clearly, I have already made a stand from the start of this review. Even though it’s a legitimate business, I’m totally against how this company is making money; it’s not guaranteed, and it’s done it a deceitful way. You have to break boundaries just to achieve a position that may not be worth it.
In addition to that, the products this company sells cost so much, and they don’t even guarantee 100% effectiveness. There are numerous health and wellness supplements that are more effective yet cheaper, and you don’t need to spend extra money to get them. Wouldn’t that make more sense?